We’re looking for a talented, empathetic, and thoughtful designer to work with on a project-by-project basis.
This isn’t a full-time or part-time role, it’s a freelance/contract. We’d love to develop a longer-term working relationship and turn to you with all of our design needs as they arise.
As an organization, we create a lot of educational content for our workshops, talks, discussion events, blog, and social media channels. All of this content is accompanied by visual assets, so that’s why we’re looking for a passionate designer to work with us!
What we’re looking for in our design partner (aka you!):
- You’re creative and are able to concept original design ideas, create designs from sketch to final product
- You enjoy collaborating with a team, brainstorm with us, respond well to feedback, and are happy to provide your input and expertise to ensure we’re creating meaningful graphics
- Definitely a plus if you’re passionate about violence prevention, mental healthcare, and sexuality education (subjects we address include gender-based/interpersonal violence, consent, trauma/PTSD, healing, sexual health)
- It’s really important to us you’re able to be sensitive and thoughtful when expressing some of these ideas
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. In particular, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Detail-oriented and able to work with sensitive subject matter
- Illustration and typography skills, (iconography is a bonus!)
- Great communication skills (especially written, since this is remote/freelance)
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines
- Skill level: We’re looking for sharp illustration skills. We’re happy to work with you even if you’re just starting out as a designer! Your direct point of contact is an experienced Design Producer/Art Director so you’ll be in good hands.
- Bonus: If you are good with data visualization as well, that’s a plus since we have some infographics/reports we’d like to create!
Some of the types of needs we have:
Just so you know whether or not you’d be interested in working on any of these types of projects!
- Social assets and blog graphics
- Illustrations/icons for a website refresh
- Illustrations for pitch/presentation deck
- Annual Report
To apply, fill out the form below.
If you’re having trouble seeing the form below for some reason you can also apply by clicking here.